Do all Programmers code in English?
No, not all programmers code in English. Although English is the dominant language for many programmers and programming languages, there are still other programmers who do not code in English.
More programming languages are written in English than any other language, this is partly because English is the most common language in the world, and having a programming language with English Keywords appeals to a wider audience.
Many programming languages have been developed in English-speaking countries but there are other popular programming languages that have been developed in non-English speaking countries.
Even though some popular programming languages have been developed in non-English speaking countries, most of them are in English.
- Python was developed in the Netherlands
- Ruby was developed in Japan
- Pascal was developed in Switzerland
- Lua was developed in Brazil
- And PHP was developed in Denmark
Even though these programming languages were not developed in English-speaking countries, they are all written in English in order to appeal to a wider audience among other reasons.
It is worth noting that even though English is the most popular language for coding, there are other programmers who do not code in English and there are some programming languages that are not written in English.
ARE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES ONLY IN ENGLISH?
No, not all programming languages are in English. there are some programming languages that are written in Chinese, French, Hindi, German, Arabic, Irish, Indonesian, and many other languages.
Programming in English is optional in some case.
DO OTHER COUNTRIES CODE IN ENGLISH
Not all countries code in English. There are other countries that do not code in English.
Some of the examples of programming languages that are not in English are listed below.
- CHINESEPYTHON (ZhPy) – a translation of the Python programming language into Chinese. The variables, functions, error messages, etc. are all in Chinese.
- ROUILLE – A French implementation of Rust. It has French syntax.
- TEUTON – A German implementation of Python with keywords in German
- QALB – A functional programming language for writing programs in Arabic.
- KALAAM PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE – A Hindi programming language with all the basic functionalities of modern programming languages.
- EASY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE (EPL) – A Chinese visual programming language
- LINOTTE – An Interpreted programming language with French syntax.
- BHARAT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE – A Hindi programming language with keywords in Hindi
- BAIK – An Indonesian implementation of the C programming language
- SETANTA – A simple, modern programming language in Irish.
There are many other programming languages that are not in English. These programming languages allow programmers to code in other non-English languages.
DO YOU HAVE TO KNOW ENGLISH TO CODE?
No, you don’t have to know English to code, there are many other programming languages that are not in English that you can use. You need to check if there is a programming language in your language of choice.
It is worth noting that English is the most popular language for many programmers. Understanding English will help you to use some of the most popular programming languages that are in demand.
Being able to code in English is a great advantage and it will open up many opportunities for collaboration and working for some of the best tech companies. You will not be limited in your scale and range of work if you can code in English.
Although you do not need English to code, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the English language because most programming languages are in English.
There are cases where a programming language may not be available in your language of choice, in this case, it is better to default to English than any other language.
DO CHINESE PROGRAMMERS CODE IN ENGLISH?
Not all Chinese programmers code in English. There are some Chinese programmers who code in English and there are others who code in Chinese programming languages like ZhPy, Easy Programming Language (EPL), Wenyan, and many others.
Chinese programmers who are familiar with English can code in English if their target audience or customers are English speakers. Ultimately, Chinese programmers can code in either English or Chinese depending on their skill sets.
It can be seen that not all programmers code in English. Although English is the most popular language among programmers, there are still a lot of programmers who use other programming languages that are not in English.
Programming languages are available in other different languages such as French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, Russian, Arabic, and many others.